Gearbox GX5 Control Paddle
- Patented SST
- Solid Span Technology (SST) uses high strength unidirectional carbon fiber for ultimate durability and playability.
- Massive Sweet Spot
- Consistent performance, optimized shot accuracy and more energy back to the ball with every shot.
- CF Edgeless Frame
- Carbon fiber edgeless perimeter of the paddle expands the overall hitting surface area of the paddle face.
Invention with Intention
Introducing the GX5. This top seller has been completely redesigned offering many new amazing enhancements, along with an all new look! If you have the first generation GX5 and love it; you’ll definitely want to try the new generation!
The all new GX5 has a dramatically upgraded feel and sound. The paddle is quieter in and has an incredibly soft feel. The new collection is also offered in two options, Control and Power, allowing players to focus on their preferred paddle type.
Gearbox’s vision was to pioneer technology unlike anything ever imagined in pickleball. When you see, hear and hit a Gearbox GX5 paddle, you immediately know what you are experiencing is unlike anything before in pickleball.
After many years of extensive research, countless hours of testing and believing that the impossible is possible, Gearbox introduces the GX5, constructed with Patented Solid Span Technology.
- Superb Sound and Feel. Offers an outstanding soft feel and sound
- Slim Aerodynamic Frame. Maximized Maneuverability, Fast and Responsive
- Carbon Fiber Edgeless Frame. Larger Hitting Surface Area, Reduced Mishits
- Massive Sweet Spot. Optimized Ball Response from Center of Paddle to Edgeless Rim
- Infinite Play. Consistent Performance from day one forward
- Dampener System. Perfect vibration control, Amazing Feel
- Torque Stabilization. Balanced and Stable during play
- High Performance Grip Circumference. For Comfort and More Wrist Roll
- Hyper Bite Spin Technology. Offers more Ball Bite for Max Spin on Demand
- Control and Power Option. To Enhance your Game and Compete with Focus
- Durability. Trust your Gear. Play with Unmatched Durability
- No Delamination, No Honeycomb Core, No Soft Spots
- Hand Crafted Carbon Fiber Structure
- Single Piece Molded Construction
- USAPA Approved
Patented Solid Span Technology (SST)
Patented SST uses an advanced proprietary molding process utilizing high strength unidirectional carbon fiber, that is meticulously hand laid and arranged at very precise angles. The angle configuration of these carbon fiber is critical and directly related to the paddle’s overall durability and playability.
Superb Sound and Feel
Starting with your first hit, Gearbox paddles will have you saying WOW. The paddle has a soft quiet sound and feels solid with control. The quiet sound is great for communities with noise restrictions.
Gearbox dedicated endless hours of research and testing exclusively to both the sound and feel in a paddle. The goal was to create a paddle so outstanding in both sound and feel, that a customer would immediately feel that WOW factor.
Slim Aerodynamic Frame
The slim design has less air drag; allowing a player to move the paddle in a fast and responsive manner. In addition, the paddle has excellent torque control, feels balanced and overall is very stable. With a slim frame, maneuverability is optimized, assisting with roll for ball spin.
Carbon Fiber Edgeless Frame
The edgeless perimeter of the paddle expands the overall hitting surface area of the paddle face, all together helping to increase the size of the sweet spot. This design also helps reduce potential mishits.
Massive Sweet Spot
Gearbox engineers can be very precise with the overall size and response of the sweet spot. This delivers a paddle with a remarkable ball response from the center of the paddle to its perimeter. This also gives the paddle a consistent performance, optimizing shot accuracy and returning more energy back to the ball with every shot.
Hyper Bite Spin Technology
Gearbox achieves spin in its paddles with various technologies, including Aerodynamic Slim Frame design, High Performance Grip Circumference and Hyper Bite Spin Technology.
Hyper Bite Spin Technology gives the paddle surface more ball bite, offering spin on demand.
||Patented Solid Span Technology|
|Handle Circumference||3 5/8” or 3 15/16” grip|
|Grip||Gearbox Smooth Wrap - Black|
|Warranty||1 year on workmanship or defect|
Royal Pickleball Shipping Policy
- FREE Express (2 business days) shipping on orders with a total above $150
- FREE Standard (3-4 business days) shipping on orders with a total above $65
- $6.99 flat Standard shipping fee (3-4 business days)
- If you place your order before Noon (EST) Monday – Friday, and all the items are in stock, it will be fulfilled and shipped the same day.
- If you place your order after Noon (EST) Monday – Thursday, and all the items are in stock, it will be fulfilled and shipped the following day.
- If you place your order after Noon (EST) Friday and on the weekend, and all the items are in stock, it will be fulfilled and shipped on Monday.
You will receive a tracking number by end of the day. Please note that it could take 24–48 hours for the tracking link to become active.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If you item(s) do arrive damaged please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations & Refunds
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration/restocking fee whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original payment menthod (credit card, Paypal, etc.) that you use when placing your order.
Gearbox pickleball paddles are designed with the player in mind. Our advanced collections of paddles provide players of all levels with the tools they need to improve their game and have a blast playing this exciting sport! With Gearbox, you can trust that you're getting quality equipment that will help take your game to the next level.